How I created the stop motion was by using my research and ideas to create a storyboard using five second animation. For the first draft, I made a basic storyboard with notes.
Then for draft two I made a more advanced storey board to use when filming the animation.
I used a Nikon D5100 with a lens, AF-S Nikkor 18-55mm 1:3-5.6G to shoot each picture with, with a tripod to make each shot still to make the animation frames look neater. I used one lamp for lighting the animation. Then I used packet of waffles, two coloured plates, two coloured paper card and cut out written letters on pieces of small paper.
I turned out the light in the room and left the lamps light on above the setting. The setting which I made is a basic scene where i used two cards to create a background and floor. Then I placed a coloured plate in the centre of the camera view. I did this by using the camera’s centre marks in the eye lens to view the camera’s position from the camera’s perspective. I used this to line up my composition in the scene. When I had to replaces the plate, backgrounds. I used markers to keep point where it was original while I got the other object to replace it.
I took a shot for each picture I needed a total of 125 picture for the 5 seconds as 1 second of animation equals to a total of 25 frames! After I have taken all of the pictures, I started to record diegetic audio for my animation. I used my phone to record myself eating waffles and doing various actions to make the sound that I needed. Then I imported the audio onto my computer and edited it in audacity to enhance it and to remove any unwanted sound.
Then I exported it as a .mp3 and imported it into Adobe Premier Pro. I imported the pictures onto the computer via SD card. Then imported them into Adobe Premier Pro to compose them into one whole five second animation.
I sorted the files in folders for each of the frames and made a new composition for each of the specific actions in each of the animation. To import pictures which will only have a one frame when placed onto the timeline, go to File > Preferences > General. Then set the animation to one frame from the ‘still image duration default’ and check that the animation is 25 frames per second from the ‘video transition default duration’.
I also nested some of the frames together so it is easier to move each of the animations in the right places for the main final animation composition. For the final composition I checked the settings for each which needed to be HD 1920 by 1080, H.264 25 fps! I made it the right size and rescaled the animation so it fits in the final size resolution. Then I exported it as .mov file types and uploaded it onto YouTube to get feedback.